Sunday, October 25, 2015

Rose-colored glasses

When I met him the world got a little brighter, a little more exciting, a little more beautiful.

I had always been fairly optimistic. I tried to see the good in people. I knew deep down that life could be beautiful. I believed that everything had purpose and meaning--that it all happened for a reason. 

But when I held him, I knew what that reason was. 

Love.

What a funny word. A word that would change so much. 

Everywhere I go, everything I do--he is on my mind.

As I walk down the street I imagine him walking by my side. When I see something beautiful, I wish he could see it too. When I am sad or confused he is the first person I confide in. And just knowing he's there makes life a little sweeter. 

I'm looking at the world through rose-colored glasses. 

Every day is beautiful, nothing is too broken it can't be fixed--life is wonderful.

Because of him I see beauty in everything. Because of him I am loving my life. 

He is my rose-colored glasses. He has opened my eyes to beauty in the world that I didn't see before, and I love him all the more for that.


Love,
Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment