Wednesday, June 15, 2016

It's going pretty well so far

Have you ever been having a great time and all of a sudden looked around you and thought; I could be in a movie montage right now?

There have been so many times I’ve been surrounded by friends, or in the midst of a breathtaking view, or walking hand in hand with my boyfriend, and I’ve had to stop and take in how perfect it all is.

Even now as I sit outside and type this, looking at the sunlight sparkle on my pool, I just have the overwhelming feeling that life is good.

I’ll admit, when I was moving out of my dorm this past April I was worried about this summer. I knew I was going to miss all the wonderful friends I had made and I also knew I would miss the fact that I didn’t need to rely on anyone.

At school it didn’t matter that I didn’t have a car (or a license), it didn’t matter if I stayed up until 2 a.m., it didn’t matter if I wanted to go to Chipotle three times in one week. I could do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted to.

So yeah, I was worried about losing all of that freedom. And this summer hasn’t been a complete walk in the park. I still have to deal with my less-than-amazing minimum wage job, the struggle of trying to get my driver’s license, and the fact that I really do have to ask my parents for permission before I do things. Yes, I also realize that these problems are incredibly small.

This summer has had a few hiccups but honestly, I’ve never been happier. My friends are wonderful, I’m in love, I’ve seen and done so many beautiful things, and I know it’s just the beginning.

Being home after a whirlwind year of college is difficult at times, and it’s easy to become disheartened because of that. My advice? Make the most of it. College is fun, but college is hard. We need to enjoy this precious time the best we can. I know I am.


Love,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment