I write because I want to, it's that simple

It feels good to be writing here again, I had a lot of ambition when I started this blog in September. But then my first year of college happened. It was wonderful, and wonderfully busy.

I had great opportunities to write for my college newspaper, and I was able to write for The Odyssey Online during the spring semester. These platforms allowed me to grow as a writer, but I was limited. I had to write for the Odyssey once a week, and after a while it became very difficult to write an inspired and meaningful piece.

So I quit. I wanted to take some time to think and write on my own. What I want most is for my words to be carefully chosen and thought provoking. I don’t want to care how many times my pieces are shared on Facebook. Writing is very personal for me, I feel like I am having a conversation with each person who takes the time to read what I’ve said. I want to be proud of everything I share.

This summer I am going to focus on making this blog the best it can be. I am going to enjoy my time away from the hustle and bustle of college life and write about whatever my little heart desires. I will write whenever I have something to say and I will not force myself to write if I don’t have anything worthwhile to say.

Now I’m going to go rest my feet in the grass and listen to The Lumineers’ new album for the 200th time.



Love,
Beth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broadway 2 A Day: 2016 - 2018 (Anastasia, Band's Visit, Spongebob and more)

Broadway 2 A Day: 2014 - 2017 (Hamilton, Waitress, Great Comet, DEH, Come From Away)

Broadway 2 A Day: 2012 - 2014 (Kinky Boots, Bridges of Madison County, Matilda and more)