2018 Highlights

Can we pour one out for 2018?

What a year. I graduated from college, Michael Cohen is going to prison, I went to Italy, we witnessed a historic royal wedding... I'll still fight anyone who didn't like Meghan Markle's dress.

This year has been one of the craziest of my life -- yes, I say this in every year-end blog but every year it feels true! But this was truly a year of opportunity, change, and growth.

I am incredibly grateful to my friends and family who I have formed much stronger relationships with this year and to everyone who supported me when I needed it most.

So let's make like Cher and turn back time to reflect on all the amazing memories from 2018.

January
-Finally took my mom ice skating at PPG for her birthday
-Started interning at WordWrite, liked it so much I stayed for eight months
-Attended the Women's March with Emily

February

-Visited an amazing prohibition exhibit at the History Center with Hannah and Emily
-Saw a bangin' community theatre production of Little Shop of Horrors with my mom
-Kept editing opinions pieces at the Globe with my girl Lauren Ortego

March
-Took my Uncle David to visit the Nationality Rooms at the Cathedral of Learning
-Took a journey to the North Side with Emily and visited the Mattress Factory, Randyland, and Federal Galley
-Celebrated my three-year anniversary with Andrew

April
-Got inducted into the Alpha Chi Honors Society with Hannah and Carrie
-Took a tasty trip to Pamela's with Hannah, Carrie, and Em Bennett to celebrate the end of our Media Ethics class
-Sang with the Point Park Singers for the last time at Point Park's commencement

May
-Visited Rome, Assisi, Venice, Florence, and Milan as part of my International Media class, antics ensued and memories were made. I rode a Vespa in the Tuscan hills man...
-Italy. That's it, that's May.

June
-Visited my aunt and uncle and my two feline cousins in Illinois
-Went hammocking with Andrew at our favorite place -- Linn Run
-Visited Erie on a beautiful, sunny day (rare)

July
-Had friends over to swim for the Fourth of July, the pool water was warmer than the air
-Visited the Frick and Noodlehead for a classy evening with Emma
-Saw Mamma Mia 2, found a gun in the movie theater bathroom

August
-Attended a reenactment for the 255th anniversary of the Battle of Bushy Run, it was way cooler than it sounds
-Saw Thoroughly Modern Millie at the Benedum, thoroughly enjoyed it
-Went to Bach, Beethoven, and Brunch at Mellon Park with Andrew
-Saw The Avett Brothers with Emma
-Visited my Grandma Dolores in New York and celebrated her 87th birthday

September
-Celebrated my 21st birthday with friends at Las Velas and Tequila Cowboy
-Saw Joseph in concert for the second time with Taylor, Carrie, and Em Bennett
-Got to wear my new kilt to the Scottish Games for the first time
-Saw Tom Hanks speak at a voting rally

October
-Went on a country retreat to Metrick's Farm with Alex, Kris, Emily, and Mei Lu
-Did a studio photoshoot with vegetables in my photography class, one of the stupidest and most fun things I've done for a class
-Attended Ligonier Days with Andrew's family while he was in Italy for his new job
-Saw Anastasia at the Benedum with Vince
-Won an uncomfortable but cheap happy hour at Howl at the Moon
-Met Mary Beth Tinker, the queen of the First Amendment

November
-Talked about the state of the world after the Tree of Life tragedy with Taylor on our radio show, was proud of what we accomplished with our little platform
-Took a jaunt to Lawrenceville with Carrie and Taylor, discovered Banh Mi & Ti
-Visited New York to see family and friends, froze to death at Thacher Park
-Andrew returned from Italy just in time for Thanksgiving
-Went to Quinn Brewery with friends
-Saw Fiddler on the Roof on Thanksgiving, a great new tradition

December
-Went to the Phipps with Emma, Maddy, and Kelsey for a fun and festive afternoon
-Hosted the last episode of Vibes with Taylor, reflected on the last 2.5 magical years of doing the show
-Spent a day of misadventures in Oakland with Hannah
-Graduated from college!!!
-Got my first "big-girl" job at Matter Communications
-Celebrated a wonderful Christmas with friends and family

2019 brings a lot of change with it but I’m ready. 

As they say in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, tits up. 

Love,

Beth






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broadway 2 A Day: 2016 - 2018 (Anastasia, Band's Visit, Spongebob and more)

Broadway 2 A Day: 2014 - 2017 (Hamilton, Waitress, Great Comet, DEH, Come From Away)

Broadway 2 A Day: 2012 - 2014 (Kinky Boots, Bridges of Madison County, Matilda and more)