This blog. This life.

There's nothing like graduating college to make you reflect on your life.

As one chapter ends and a new one eases its way in, it's important to take a step back and think about your life and what you've been up to. It can be hard to find time to do this, but since I no longer have any academic responsibilities this seems like as good a time as any. 

I didn't let the sadness of graduation hit me until all my assignments were done. But now, writing this, I have to admit I'm tearing up. As much as I have complained and lamented about being stressed and overwhelmed by school, I've gained so much more than I ever thought I lost.

I've met incredible people who I love and trust with my entire heart. I've seen the very best Pittsburgh has to offer. I think I'm qualified for just about any job in my field at this point. That's a lot to gain, I think all that is worth a few sleepless nights and cry sessions.

When I think about my first year at Point Park I can't help but laugh. I didn't do a single thing during my first semester. I just went to class and came home. No job. No clubs. Nothing. That's why I started this blog -- I wanted a place to write -- something to do. 

Over time, I got involved with the Honors Program by working in the office, I joined the newspaper, I wrote for The Odyssey (yikes), I started a radio show, I found internships. My time very quickly belonged to my responsibilities instead of my happiness. 

There were times when I put too much on my plate. There were times when I wished I hadn't. But the pride I feel looking back at the last three and a half years is worth it.

I was always hesitant to tout my accomplishments too loudly because I never viewed my accomplishments as having much merit. Yay low self-confidence! But I am proud of myself, I am proud of my work -- and the amazing support system I am lucky enough to have here at school has taught me that. 

As I move into the new year and this next chapter of life I am feeling incredibly grateful. This scarcely-updated blog reminds me of how far I've come since I first came to college and I can't wait to write the next chapter, here and elsewhere.

Thank you to everyone who reads this poorly-designed but heartfelt little publication. You're the real ones. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Good Night & Luck!

Love,

Beth


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broadway 2 A Day: 2016 - 2018 (Anastasia, Band's Visit, Spongebob and more)

Broadway 2 A Day: 2014 - 2017 (Hamilton, Waitress, Great Comet, DEH, Come From Away)

Broadway 2 A Day: 2012 - 2014 (Kinky Boots, Bridges of Madison County, Matilda and more)