Things I will miss about the U.K.

In one of my recent posts, I talked about things I wasn't expecting when I visited the U.K., here are some of the things I will miss the most now that I'm home.

1. Ancient architecture and I mean ancient.

The United States has only been a country for about 240 years which really isn't that long when you consider that Great Britain has been around since the 10th century. As someone who loves history (y'all know how much I love George Washington) being in castles and towers that have been standing for centuries was otherworldly. If you ever make your way across the pond to London you must go to the Tower of London and Windsor Castle.

2. Three-course dinners, every night.

Every time we had a dinner at our hotel we had a starter, a main, and a dessert. Every time. Dinner would start at around seven in the evening with wine and continue through three courses followed by coffee and tea. We would be at the table for two hours or more. It was nice not to rush since I usually allow myself 20 minutes to eat, especially when I'm at school. Once dinner was over you were ready to relax for the evening, it was lovely. As Americans, we could learn from this idea of slowing it down.

3. Sticky toffee pudding.

Need I say more? Look it up, it will change you.

4. Farmlands and fields.

We have plenty of farms in our country, I see them every time I'm on the PA Turnpike, but the English and Scottish countrysides are insane. I have never seen so many sheep, cattle, pigs, and ponies in my life. Miles upon miles of just trees and mountains and fields of grazing livestock. It was perfect and peaceful.

I could easily make this list go on and on, but I won't. Just know that the U.K. has a lot to offer even if it just seems like a more polite version of America, it is worth visiting.

Love,
Beth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broadway 2 A Day: 2016 - 2018 (Anastasia, Band's Visit, Spongebob and more)

Broadway 2 A Day: 2014 - 2017 (Hamilton, Waitress, Great Comet, DEH, Come From Away)

Broadway 2 A Day: 2012 - 2014 (Kinky Boots, Bridges of Madison County, Matilda and more)