2019 Highlights

What a year it's been. My first full-time job. My first car. My first apartment. My second car...

This has been a year of change and transition for me and many of the people I love. We've gained amazing experiences, lost loved ones, and learned that life can be anything you make of it, good or bad.

I always like to take a step back to reflect on the passing year, and as we move into a new decade it seems even more important. So, let's take it back now y'all.

January
-Started my first post-grad job at Matter, learned how to rise before the sun
-Saw Hamilton from the third row with Hannah
-Bought my first car, a 2008 Ford Escape. RIP Bev.

February
-Attended my first "business trip" to Penn State
-Introduced Andrew to the brisket mac-n-cheese pizza at Lupi & Leo
-Attended Louis & Colten's wedding at the Carnegie Museum of Art

March
-Took my Uncle David to visit the National Aviary and Randyland
-Celebrated my four-year anniversary with Andrew
-Had a proper St. Patrick's pub experience with Hannah and Andrew

April
-Visited Emma in Dayton to celebrate her birthday, partied hard
-Finally experienced Book of Mormon on stage with Vince
-Officially graduated by attending Point Park's commencement

May
-Visited my grandma, godmother and great aunt in New York
-Attended the Hartwood Acres Wine Festival with Andrew in the blazing heat
-Went on an epic girls trip to Myrtle Beach with my best friends and vlogged the whole thing

June
-Took a trip up to Conneaut Lake with Vince and enjoyed a nautical weekend with him and Alex
-Saw my beautiful friend and former roommate Mei Lu star as Frenchie in Grease at the Benedum
-Saw Ariana Grande for free with Maddy
-Visited New York again
-Attended a country-bluegrass festival with Emma and saw The Avett Brothers again

July
-First official business trip to Rochester
-Saw Rock of Ages at the Benedum with Andrew
-Lots of trips to Ohiopyle and backyard bonfires

August
-Moved into my first apartment in Lawrenceville
-Celebrated the wedding of Emily Bennett and Raffaele at her beautiful home in West Virginia
-Attended the Tall Ships Festival in Erie and had a lovely beach day with Andrew and his family
-Bought my second car, a 2014 Ford Fiesta, let's hope Viv lives longer than Bev...

September
-Saw the Jonas Brothers in concert for the first time with Maddy
-Celebrated my 22nd birthday with friends at Hofbrauhaus, Tiki Lounge and more
-Spent my actual birthday at the Scottish Games and it was actually perfect
-Saw a fantastic production of Julius Caesar at Arsenal Park
-Saw Bastille in concert for the second time, could actually see the stage this time

October
-Hosted book club at my house and made farmer's market pasta, was proud of myself
-Took a weekend trip to Gettysburg with friends and toured a haunted orphanage
-Went apple picking with my family
-Pulled off a variety of Halloween costumes from Dick in A Box with Emily to the whistleblower
-Finally mastered roasting a butternut squash

November
-Made lasagna for the first time with Natalia, and it was tasty as hell
-Attended a South American wine tasting at the Pennsylvania Market
-Had an earth-shatteringly good brunch at The Urban Tap with Carrie and then made her get her flu shot
-Hosted a Friendsgiving at my house and made my first pumpkin pie

December
-Took my first voice lesson in five years
-Had a festive evening downtown looking at gingerbread houses with Andrew
-Attended my first office Christmas party at Eleven and had some phenomenal food
-Spent a lovely Christmas Eve at Round Hill Park saying hi to all the animals
-Took a lot of chilly nature walks

2020 brings a new era, and in this one, I truly will be all grown up. It's overwhelming sometimes to think that this decade took many of us from middle school to post-grad life. Many of my former classmates are married with children or children on the way. Many have years and years left a school to pursue their passions. Everyone is grown up and at different stages of life. It doesn't matter where you are, but where you go from there.

This coming year let's try our hardest to be kinder to one another, kinder to the planet, and most importantly kinder to ourselves.

Happy New Year!

Love,
Beth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broadway 2 A Day: 2016 - 2018 (Anastasia, Band's Visit, Spongebob and more)

Broadway 2 A Day: 2014 - 2017 (Hamilton, Waitress, Great Comet, DEH, Come From Away)

Broadway 2 A Day: 2012 - 2014 (Kinky Boots, Bridges of Madison County, Matilda and more)