The facts of life (and death)

If you don't water your plants, they will die.

That is a fact. 

Keeping a plant alive is simple--your actions determine its fate. 

What isn't simple, is a human life. No matter what you do--your actions can't solve everything. 

That, is also a fact. 

No matter how much you love someone, no matter how many visits you make or don't make to the hospital, nothing changes the ending. The ending is always the same. The ending is always death.

There is no way to make a difference in death; it is only in life that the real difference can be made.

That's a lesson I'm trying to learn.

I can't go back and give her more time--I can't change how it happened. I have to remember the way she impacted my life. I have remember the way I impacted hers. 

Death is just the end of life.

Death does not kill memories.
Death does not kill happiness.
Death does not take everything away.

Death leaves her legacy behind--death lets us keep her spirit alive. 

If you don't water your plants, they will die. If you let death erase the good times--you will. 


Love,
Beth


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broadway 2 A Day: 2016 - 2018 (Anastasia, Band's Visit, Spongebob and more)

Broadway 2 A Day: 2012 - 2014 (Kinky Boots, Bridges of Madison County, Matilda and more)

Broadway 2 A Day: 2014 - 2017 (Hamilton, Waitress, Great Comet, DEH, Come From Away)